Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Home Again!



Last Friday night was Business of the Year Awards. I really enjoyed photographing the winners!
Thank you to Jonathan from Traptow for lending me one of your lights. It was so kind of you...it's almost enough to make me forget 'The Cheezie Incident" from Monday night at the convention.
Almost.
The World of Women show was a great way to spend the weekend. I met lots of new people.

PPOC Alberta held another great convention, this time in Lethbridge. Fun night always has a theme, and this year it was Pirates. I love Pirates!!!
Our speakers were excellent. We heard about creativity, weddings, cool ways to light & compose groups, photoshop work, commercial work, albums....I sound like a geek...but it was all very COOL! Speaking of cool, this is our new name & logo on my plate - it just doesn't get any geekier than running to the hotel room before eating your second course just to photograph the ICE block it's served in.....but I really liked it.
...I was also not the only one to photograph dessert...but I was probably the only one standing on my chair to do it.
The best part, aside from Pirates, food, no sleep and too much coffee, is spending time with the other photographers. There is so much to learn, usually just by sitting there listening to everyone else, or viewing the amazing work that did well enough in print competition to be accepted for display. I am just so grateful to be able to do this for a living.

**************************

While I was gone, Cara Liddel took FANTASTIC care of my Business After Hours table at the Millenium Centre. She does a better job than I do. THANK You, Cara!!

**************************

This weekend is the Central Alberta Mountain Club Turkey Trek out at Shunda Creek Hostel. It's my last TT as Programs Chair, meaning, I don't do the Kitchen Coordinating for the next one! The theme is, of course, Pirates!!!! (any guesses who helped pick that one?)

3 Comments:

  • At 27 October, 2006 20:58, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obviously I didn't make it to World Of Women--thoguh it wasn't for lack of trying!
    Ever since I got a Pentax K1000 I have loved photography and its art. I read everything I can on it and practice alot. No where NEAR professional, but I'm SO jealous of you going to the conference. I would love to sit in on that!
    I think photography will stay a hobby for me though, although I would love to do photo journalism.

     
  • At 29 October, 2006 14:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I still have a K1000!
    ...somewhere...
    Conventions are awesome.

    Adrienne

     
  • At 23 November, 2006 00:00, Blogger Jackie Hutch said…

    Hi, just stopped by when I got home tonight, interesting to hear how much you love photographing:) I love it so much too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home