Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

5 minutes of ....Nothing!

Holy old crap, I had a busy week. Unfortunately, Friday's Engagement session will have to wait for Mid October, on account of the weepy weather. The sun looked so strange and foreign when it finally came out today. I wonder if that's what it's like for my Mom & Auntie out in Abbotsford during the freakishly dreary winter.
Sunday and Monday were seminar days in Edmonton. Half the fun of these events is simply being with other photographers I SO love. The greatest surprise I got was Tyla Lippai, a friend of mine from Esterhazy SK.
I was sitting in my seat chatting away, and then she turned around - so of course, I screamed that happy scream! It was SO cool to see her.
******************
After a Chamber lunch on Wednesday, I was accidentally interviewed (they ask you if you're a business owner, not if you actually belong on camera - and I don't!!!) by CH news. I didn't stay up late, so I have no idea if my sad bit made it on. I just turn into the wooden, chatting Mannequin with a mic in front of me. The worst part is that the camera man is also asking a couple of questions (all of which I staggered though with mortifying ineptitude) and because I am SO used to answering the person who asks me a question, I keep looking toward him. I HATE that when the person on the news can't stop looking at the camera. So, If you saw me, and I looked a bit...uh...dorky...that's because I was a bit dorky.
I only feel better because after the Annual General Meeting of the chamber, the yummy lunch, and the grand bufoonery on camera (I"m sure they had a good laugh back at the station and promptly deleted all footage of me) I got some meeting time at the Chamber office. They had asked me to be the photographer at the annual Business of the Year Awards, and we got our details all laid out. I'm really excited about it! I love event coverage, and you don't just trip over a room full of smart, super-cool movers & shakers every day. These are the people who raise the bar, and make Red Deer such a great place to do business.
*******************
Taryn & Andrew have a slideshow up.
Again, I've bypassed the album design in favour of individual images...even though I like the album design format better.
********************
Tuesday night is Business After Hours at Canyon Ski area, and it's open to all Businesses who want to come out and see what it's about.
It runs from 5-7 pm.
I'll be there with my display, but mostly, it's about the food. There is
always great food.
*******************
Sunday, October 1st is the With This Ring Bridal Gala.
Come visit me if you are looking for your wedding photographer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home