Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Business After Hours...A good time!


















(Note to readers : if you still have the Advocate that my display was pictured in, (Thursday) could you please save me the page? I'd like a copy...and I don't get the paper anymore. Short on time, you might say. Thanks!!!)

Business After Hours was, as usual, a great time. Canyon Ski Area is really well set up for hosting events like weddings, big parties, etc. ...I had no idea.
I had my camera out, thinking I should get a shot of my own display, because I always forget, when who should come up the stairs but Jeff Stokoe, photographer for the Red Deer Advocate, and Uber athlete.
Why is he blurry in this picture? Because he's SO fast. He's also sticking out his tongue - I think that's the natural photographer reaction to finding someone elses camera pointed in our general direction. He got to talking to Jim, the Chamber Ambassador, about running, and insane distances. Anyone who can run for 24 hrs must have an extra set of batteries stored somewhere. I might have mentioned something to Mitch Thomson (in the nice black suit) about feeling like a sissy at all this talk of a FIVE hour training run. If I ever run for five hours, it's because we are out of coffee..either that, or I just drank a pot. (I will run for a bit longer than Two hours next week in Kelowna, but that's totally different!)
Jeff's wife will be teaching one of my kids this year, and she's a really cool woman, so I'm looking forward to that.
The nice kids from Traptow were out to B.A.H for some visiting, so I got to say a quick hello to June, and meet Jonathan's wife. She is a cutey pie, and she looks beautiful pregnant.
Sharna Mulligan helped me take my goodies back down to my van. She is the TOTAL sweetheart and Chamber Ambassador I met at the very first Business After Hours I attended last year. I can't believe I didn't get a pic of her...She's lovely, and fun! The sunset just as we reach the gate is posted above. It's SO beautiful outside right now.

**********************
Tomorrow is October 1st, and the With This Ring Bridal Gala. Sadly, Purolator DROPPED the BALL on my Thursday delivery...and it's not here yet...meaning no appropriately sized Wedding images. I had a couple of 30 inch prints on the way, which are not huge, but they have more impact and beauty than a little wee 11x14. So, I'll get them with the Monday delivery.
Happily, I still have several Ladies images, and engagement couples. Then, there is always the slideshow. So, all in all, folks will be able to view the work, and that's really all I care about. It's the only reason you should book your photographer at all. You LOVE the work.
Come introduce yourself if you're there tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home