Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Long Days

They say the days are getting shorter, and in terms of light, I'm sure that's true. My days have been long. 16 hours on average, and non-stop. I've submitted oodles of albums for families, ladies, maternity, and engagement. All the orders that need to be here by the holidays have been ordered. All the sessions I've have these last couple of weeks have been women having gifts done for their fellas, so no pics just yet. Some of those outfits are pretty distinctive. The SHOES are to die for. I've seen some hot shoes this week.
I've been able to use the new projector and it's great! Seeing your images in the size you want to order in is hugely helpful.
I'm thinking I'd love a break in December.
Wednesday was our PPOC Alberta (a bunch of photographers) dinner meeting in Edmonton. Always a good time.
Our 8 year old sang at the Festival of Trees yesterday with her school choir. They all look so tiny and cute up there.
Tonight is Mistletoe Magic at the Festival of Trees, and my daughters are going with my husband. Usually this means 'date night' for me and my son, but I'm the photographer tonight, so we had our date last night. It was nice. We went to Hot Pot Studio (hi Janet!) and painted, then headed to Starbucks for refreshments, and got books at Chapters. We love looking at books. I have a stack of 5 unread books I'm trying to make my way through, but work gets first priority right now.
Tuesday the 28th is Business After Hours at Parkland Nurseries. That's going to be beautiful!
I got the most wonderful surprise last week - a call from Michelle, my very first bride from my very first wedding! I get to do couples portraits for her and Patrick (aka First Groom) in early December.
Gift Certificates are available now! Those of you who get the newsletter know that I will personally deliver them to you or your recipient dressed as an Elf - but only in December, and only in Red Deer.

2 Comments:

  • At 25 November, 2006 11:18, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh man if ONLY I lived in Red Deer! That must be a hoot!
    Someday I really want to do some pinup shots of myself for me hubster, but I need to actually do some exercise long before then lol. Our 10th anniversary is in 2008, I think that'd be a good length of time to get rid of some of the baggage ;)
    Glad to hear you're keeping busy, I think you should definately take a mini-vacation when your xmas rush is over.

     
  • At 27 November, 2006 11:05, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Thanks, girly!
    You should come in with your kids (when the roads improve) and we'll have a day of fun. My kids love smaller kids.
    Adrienne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home