Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

ZoooOOOooom!



That's the sound time makes as it goes rushing past my head. Where does it go?
Last week I was a humble (heavily worked) cook at Grade 5 Camp out at Crimson Lake.
Back on Friday, and Kevin wants a date...I'm not saying no to that! We tried the Tony Roma's Lounge where we were expertly ignored by the blonde waitress in the lounge. I should thank them, really, because the goods at the Rusty Pelican are to DIE for. We had the Portabella & Prawns in a tequilla sauce, which mercifully, did not taste like tequilla. The Calamari was also unreal delicious, and my chocolate martini went down like...like Chocolate! Very nice.
Great shoot Tuesday morning with the lovely and unreal tall Kelly.
Then for a birthday lunch, I was right back at the Rusty P with my friend and fellow photographer Vicki. (that's her in the pics) Her treat! Blackened Prawns & Salad - awesome.
Then, like silly photographers sometimes do, we drove around looking at locations and possible locations. For that trip she got us coffee & dessert from Second Cup. I didn't even spill in her Jeep.
Today was my son's birthday party at Lazerforce. So much Fun! I didn't think two games would be enough, but the kids had sweat pouring off them. Maybe they'll sleep.
The most annoying news of the week came last Friday. Vicki & I have been considering sharing studio space, and we found a perfect, tidy, well priced space that totally suited our needs. Unfortunately there is another photographer in the building, known by many as simply "He who must not be named". (apologies to J.K. Rowling!)
After being told that these two photographers wanted in to the building, he said no.
Cue the Fred Flinstone string of 'almost curses'. Just not pleased, but I'm taking it as flattery.
...and a rather steely gust of motivation.
Not that it'll end our search, but it was just such a lovely space.
This morning I had a super walk around Riverbend golf course with June Traptow, who can walk like I run. Man, she's fast! As always, she is absolutely lovely to talk with. She is one of those people I have unlimited admiration for. Class and brains all the way. June has also recently been elected to the board of the Chamber of Commerce. She is a great role model, but I'm pretty sure she doens't see herself that way. She's so humble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home