Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

chock full!

Days are a bit full right now. Today was a welcome slower day with a jerky start.
I was having a terribly bizarre dream in which I was freaking out about some ring I had on my hand that was mine in the dream but not in real life, but I didn't know (in the dream) how it had gotten onto my finger. Why this would freak me out, I have no idea. Sure, it was a giant ruby that had been my Granny's (again, not in real life) but who in tarnation is goes pie-eyed banannas over Rubies??? Then something extra freaky ( in real life!) happened - my husband said, "What time's your party?"
He calls everything I do a party. Lunch=party, meeting=party, workout or run=party.
This morning, however, 'party' meant the Chamber Mentoring Breakfast at the North Hill Inn that was to start at 7am. I went from kooky dream to utter panic and ROCKETED out of bed like a flesh explosion, looked at the clock so that I could do a little more freaking out - it was 6:35. Instant consciousness!A lift of the arm told me there was NO skipping the shower, and I was stuck with wet hair in a french braid. I was about 10 minutes late, plenty of breakfast and awesome coffee left. Being a coffee junkie, they could have been out of decent breakfast items so long as yummy, strong coffee is on offer.
After breakfast I called Kevin (Mr. Me!) at work to make sure he got the kids to school ok. Our eldest daughter rode her bike and the other two got a ride. It was his job to make sure little #1 actually arrived at school. Of course, I shelter them something horrible, so this 'riding a bike to school' thing one of many "let GO already!" moments for me.
I stopped in to see Mr. Me at work and took him a muffin and coffee from Tim's. (I'm such a nice wife!)
Then I came home, changed for my run, and hit the perimiter trail at Riverbend, where my Garmin 301 decided that it was OUT of battery power. What. a. bummer.
After my run, I came home & mowed the lawn...after the embarassing 'non starting lawn mower' routine. I feel like a total nitwit yanking on that cord again & again. I didn't flood it....maybe it was the long winter?
I enjoyed my slack day today...tomorrow is another totally packed day.
What's packed for me? Anything without a half hour break between appoinments.
9-take in my framing jobs
9:30 - talk to Cannon rep about printer - sorry buddy, I probably won't buy whatever it is.
10:30 - Maternity session
11:45 - go to sign place to get new logo on the back of the van.
- find 10 minutes in there to get postage for mothers day photos - they're here already and set to send!
1:30 - Family from tuesday in for previewing
3:10 - get kiddos from school
4:30 at a rural acreage 40 minutes out of town that I've never been to - Shoot Wedding!
Somewhere around 10 pm I totally reserve the right to fall down into a coma, and Saturday morning I plan on sleeping in. The good news is that if I get the coffee ready to go the night before, my 11 year old will bring it to me in bed! How cool is that?
Now that's a WAY better way to wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home