Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Loopy Week...



Last week my family got some not so cool news about my Mother in law.
She's got a tumour in her belly that weighs nearly 15lbs. I've never even heard of such a thing, unless you count the Weekly World News tabloids at supermarket check outs. The size is a problem.
It's kind of scary. We went up to Edmonton to be with her over the weekend. Our family is pretty good with the whole Moral Support / impromtu comedy troupe thing, and she enjoyed having us around.
Her sister is coming in from New Zealand. My husband is handling this, like all of life's little pains, with amazing calm and practicality. (unless I'm shooting him in his jammies - then he's mighty quick with those pillows) He and his sister meet with the Cancer Wizard tomorrow, and the biggest surgery ever happens in just a couple of weeks.
When I met my Mother in law 12 years ago, she was instantly accepting, welcoming,inviting me right into the family. Not every woman would do that considering I came equiped with a baby. She taught me to sew, actually gets my sense of humour, is a super grandma, and has always been there for us. Whatever we can do, we will be there for her.
She'll be alarmed that I posted this photo of her saying goodbye to me on Sunday morning...There is toast in her mouth, and she's in her nighty. I say who cares? A generous woman with toast in her mouth. No one will mind. We just want her to be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home