Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Friday, July 02, 2010

Mom & Son Road Trip

One of my three kiddos (babies, really) has had another birthday. It seems to go like that, year after year. Another 'NO WAY, he was JUST born! How can he be 14?!?' (or 5 or 10...you know...it's all a shock) I've been far more interested in experiences over material things for gifts (he still got 'stuff' though) and last year, my son wanted to go white water rafting for his gift. He LOVED it. This year was a little different. On Wednesday my son & I drove out to the Banff Zip line (oddly enough, located near Golden, just past Yoho) for our first zip line experience. It was really fun, but like all fun things, over too soon. The big finish is a 500 meter line running across the Kicking Horse River. Really COOL! Down the same long road is Beaverfoot Lodge. After checking in, we headed to Golden for lunch at Legends Diner, our traditional 'driving through B.C.' stop. Back at the Lodge, there is a big fire pit in the middle of all the covered wagons, which are like tents. I made a very manly fire for roasting Turkey cheddar sausage, marshmallows & S'Mores. yum. Thursday, Canada Day, we went hiking in Lake Louise. The Plain of Six Glaciers Teahouse was our lunch stop. My young fellow turns out to be a VERY strong hiker. I took the kiddos all the time when they were younger, but there has been less and less of it in the past couple of years. It's thrilling to me that he still loves it, and can kick my butt for pace. He's hard to keep up to at times, and now, his legs are longer than mine. I'm so proud of him. He's still my baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home