Adrienne's Wee Chatterbox...Sharing our little adventures with you.

Adrienne Marie Photography is a full service, boutique style studio with a focus on environmental family portraits. Emotion and meaning are the key ingredients.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Just another mindblowing week.




Maybe this is the norm...I'm not sure.

I took some photos with my phone because I didn't bring my good camera. Phone images are not nice. (ok, they're crap, but it's all I had) The second one is Melissa Kelly, a photographer from Saskatoon. She is my friend, and used to be my neighbour in Saskatoon. It was she who helped me learn enough about photography to get started.
The top is obviously just one more bad airplane window shot. Sunset over Manitoba. The weather is, by the way, MUCH better in Winnipeg right now than it is here. ...Hella windy, but no snow!!!
The bottom one was taken on a proper camera - the Nikon D2Xs. That's Amanda, the Nikon service girly who is SO used to being the guinea pig for cameras. She let me use one of Nikon's cameras. Very cool.
Anyway, the whole week, convention and all were mindblowing. My prints did not hang in competition, but I took advantage of the critique session and my more experienced friends to learn how to improve my images. Happily the flaws that kept the prints from being accepted are minor and easily fixed. I'm looking forward to entering next year.
Our speakers were really enjoyable and informative, and all the goings on after hours are just as informative. I still have so much to learn, so I just soak it up.
Winnipeg has a GORGEOUS downtown area with old buildings. I LOVE that! Our fun night had a 40's theme and was in an old bank, complete with marble walls, a giant glass dome in the ceiling, and old, scary vaults. We toured the frightening basement before the staff started rousting us out of the 'out of bounds' stuff. That's me...misbehaving!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home